You are our #1 Priority.
Our Commitment to You:
At FirstBank, the health and safety of our customers, employees and communities is first and foremost in our thoughts. We also understand that the economic disruption caused by COVID-19 may impact you financially.
One of your financial challenges may include your ability to make your mortgage payment. We are here to help. We want to make sure that you understand available assistance options, how to apply and how the assistance will impact you going forward. We are committed to making this plan available and easy to understand for all of our borrowers affected by the pandemic.
Rest assured, we are on top of this very fluid situation and are committed to keeping you informed every step of the way.
If you can, it is best to continue to make your scheduled mortgage payments.
If you have been impacted by COVID-19 directly or indirectly because of illness, loss of income or employment and believe you will have difficulty making your payment, you may qualify for the assistance plan. Read the additional FAQ's in this section to learn about the plan.
1. For homeowners who qualify, our assistance plan, known as "forbearance" is designed for those affected by the pandemic.
2. If you qualify for forbearance, you can pause your mortgage payments for an initial 3 months.
3. We will not charge late fees during the forbearance period.
4. During the forbearance period, any payments that are paused during forbearance won't be reported late to the credit bureaus.
5. During the forbearance period, you are not required to make a payment but, if you are able, you can make a payment or even a partial payment.
Before the end of the initial 3 months, we will work with you to evaluate your individual situation and help determine your best next step.
To explain further, forbearance does not waive or forgive the payments. In other words, the payments that were not made during the forbearance period will have to be made. We realize that most people will not have the funds to immediately pay the 3 months of paused payments. Depending upon your situation, it could be that you may need to extend the forbearance OR you may be ready to resume making your payments.
If you are ready to resume payments, we have options to help you catch up on the payments not made during forbearance:
1. Repayment plan — Over a set number of months, an extra amount will be added to your regular mortgage payment to cover the amount you owe from the forbearance.
2. Loan modification — We will work with you on a loan modification. This may include an extension at the end of your loan giving you additional months to pay the forbearance amount.
3. Lump Sum Payment — If you are able, the simplest thing to do is make a lump sum payment and pay off the whole amount you owe. We understand this is not a solution for most people so options 1 or 2 may be more realistic.
Note: We strongly suggest you do not stop making your mortgage payments until you've been approved for a forbearance plan. If you foresee any difficulty in making your mortgage payment, the first step is to contact us.
You have several options available to you to make your payments more manageable, to obtain additional information you can:
1. Call our Customer Care Team at 1-855-354-3471.
2. Log in to your FirstBank account to download and print the Request for Mortgage Assistance (RMA) from the Document Center/General Forms section.
Please send it in to us at the below address or fax number.
P.O. Box 636005
P.O. Box 636005
Littleton, CO 80163-6005